- General Dentistry
Dentures are a removable replacement for missing teeth.
There are two main types of dentures:
- complete denture – to replace a full arch (jaw) or missing teeth
- partial denture – to replace one or a few missing teeth, if you have some remaining healthy teeth it situ
Typically, dentures are made from an acrylic resin, which at times incorporate porcelain or metal for additional structural support. They are finely crafted and custom-fitted.
If you properly maintain your dentures they will appear natural and provide a perfect smile.
Additionally, dentures help strengthen muscles controlling your expressions that require the support of your teeth, rid you of pronunciation problems caused by missing teeth and aid with chewing.
You may also be interested in...
- August - It's Dental Health Month under Latest News
The team at Bright Star Dental is passionate about dentistry and creating beautiful smiles. To raise awareness for Dental Health Month...
- Spring and Summer Smile Makeovers under Latest News
The "silly season" is fast approaching....
- Wisdom Teeth Removal under General Dentistry
Wisdom teeth are the very back teeth on either side of the upper and lower jaws, and are more correctly described as the third molar...
- Dreaming of a Whiter Smile this Christmas under Latest News
Smile and Sparkle this festive season. CALL US TODAY to book your teeth whitening appointment so you can brighten up your smile in time...
- Dentisure™, Care Beyond the Chair under New Patient