- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Our Dental Hygienists
Our Dental Hygienists
Prevention of dental disease starts with a regular oral hygiene routine at home. At Bright Star Dental we offer 2 in-house dental hygienists, who are an integral part of our preventive dental care team.
Brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily and maintaining a balanced diet will help to ensure healthy strong teeth. It is recommended that you visit our dental hygienists for regular check-ups every six months, as studies show the amount of calculus reaches its threshold at 6 months and therefore is unable to be removed by yourself, hence professional cleaning is required.
The role of our dental hygienists focuses on the diagnostic, therapeutic, educational and preventive therapies; all designed to maximise oral health and control the occurrence of oral disease.
- Educate adults and children on all dental health matters, including plaque control, oral hygiene instructions and nutrition tips
- Remove plaque (tartar) build up and stains
- Apply fluoride treatments
- Give local anaesthetic for dental procedures
- Complete teeth whitening procedures
- Give post-operative instructions
See our dental hygienists regularly to achieve and maintain optimum oral health.
You may also be interested in...
- Your First Visit under New Patient
At Bright Star Dental we are committed to providing everyone with an achievable, long-lasting, healthy and attractive smile. That is...
- Ms Linda Guiraldenq under Hygienists and Dental Therapists
Linda has been an integral part of Bright Star for over 6 years.
- Smoking and your oral health under Cleaning and Hygiene
Most people today are aware that smoking is hazardous to our health, but many do not know that smoking can permanently damage or destroy...
- It's Dental Health Week under Dental Health Month
Welcome to Dental Health Week 2016!
- Hygienists and Dental Therapists under About
Bright Star Dental has professionally trained in-house dental hygienists and therapists who are dedicated to providing the best oral...